Affiliated to the National Hamster Council
ALLOCATION OF POINTS FOR ALL STANDARDS
|Colour and markings||30 points|
|Eyes and ears||5 points|
2. All judges must use this system and the judge's decision is final.
PENALTIES FOR ALL STANDARDS
3. The penalties shall be as defined in the following table;
|Totally missing limb, eye, ear, foot or tail||Mandatory disqualification|
|Any physical deformity believed by the judge to be hereditary||Mandatory disqualification|
|Disease or intractability||Mandatory disqualification|
|Excess fat||Minus 5 points maximum|
|Sores, wounds, or scars||Minus 10 points maximum|
|Dirty show pen||Minus 10 points maximum|
4. Type, fur, size, condition, eyes and ears shall be the same for all shades and varieties as follows: -
5. TYPE (25 points) - The body shall be broad and cobby. The head shall be large in proportion to the body with a broad skull, short face and blunt nose. The head shall be well set into the body, the profile showing a smooth curve from nose over head, to nape of neck.
6. FUR (20 points) - The fur shall be soft and very dense. Special attention shall be paid to the density of the belly fur. In longhaired hamsters, the coat shall be as long and dense as possible, but allowance must be made for sex, i.e. males must have longer fur than females, and the females shall not be penalised for having shorter fur. The length of fur must be taken into account when judging all classes.
7. SIZE (10 points) - The hamster shall be as large as possible, but not fat. Allowance shall be made for sex; i.e. female hamsters in general are larger than males.
8. CONDITION (10 points) - The hamster shall be fit, curious when well awake and tame to handle. The flesh shall be firm with no surplus fat. The coat shall have a healthy sheen and the hamster shall be quite clean.
9. EYES AND EARS (5 points) - The eyes shall be large, prominent and widely set. The ears shall be large, set well apart and carried erect and unfolded when the hamster is alert.
(PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL REFERENCE TO COLOUR OF FUR, EYES AND EARS IS SO FAR OMITTED).
COLOUR AND MARKINGS (30 points)
10. The following sequence of eye colours shall apply (in increasing order of darkness):
|1. Bright clear pink||5. Ruby|
|2. Red||6. Garnet|
|3. Claret red||7. Dark brown|
|4. Claret||8. Black|
11. In patterned varieties 15 points shall be allocated for colour and markings and 15 points for pattern.
12. Where base colour is indicated this applies to the whole animal, excluding the belly fur.
Copyright© Midland Hamster Club (UK)