Affiliated to the National Hamster Council
ALLOCATION OF POINTS FOR ALL STANDARDS
|Colour and markings||30 points|
|Eyes and Ears||5 points|
Colour to include: - Top coat, Ticking if present, Under coat, Belly fur, Colour of feet, Eye colour, Ear colour, Arches and stripes.
Type to include: - Head, Body, Legs and Tail.
Fur to include: - Overall coverage of fur as per Standard.
- All judges must use this system and the judge's decision is final.
PENALTIES FOR ALL STANDARDS
- The penalties shall be as defined in the following table:-
|Totally missing limb, eye, ear, foot or tail||Mandatory disqualification|
|Any physical deformity believed by the judge to be hereditary||Mandatory disqualification|
|Disease or intractability||Mandatory disqualification|
|Excess fat||Minus 5 points maximum|
|Sores, wounds, or scars||Minus 10 points maximum|
|Dirty show pen||Minus 10 points maximum|
- Type, fur, size, condition, eyes and ears shall be as defined for each species.
- TYPE (25 points) - The overall build should be oval in shape. The head should be broad and set well into the body. The head should be softly curved and the forehead slightly domed (Roman nose). The legs and tail should be scarcely visible. The eyes and ears should be set well apart.
- FUR (20 points) - The fur should be soft, short and very dense. This also applies to the soles of the feet. The inside of the ears should be a little hairy.
- SIZE (10 points) - Adult range 8-10 cms.
- CONDITION (10 points) - The hamster should be fit, curious when awake and tame to handle. The flesh should be well toned with no surplus fat. The coat shall have a healthy sheen and be clean.
- EYES AND EARS (5 points) - The size of eyes and ears should be in proportion to the animal. The eyes should be rounded and not bulge. The ears should be erect, rounded and visible above the fur.
- COLOUR (30 points) - Where base colour is indicated this applies to the whole animal, excluding the belly fur.
Copyright© Midland Hamster Club (UK)