Affiliated to the National Hamster Council
ALLOCATION OF POINTS FOR ALL STANDARDS
|Colour and markings||30 points|
|Eyes and Ears||5 points|
Colour to include: - Top coat, Ticking if present, Under coat, Belly fur, Colour of feet, Eye colour, Ear colour, Arches and stripes.
Type to include: - Head, Body, Legs and Tail.
Fur to include: - Overall coverage of fur as per Standard.
- All judges must use this system and the judge's decision is final.
PENALTIES FOR ALL STANDARDS
- The penalties shall be as defined in the following table:-
|Totally missing limb, eye, ear, foot or tail||Mandatory disqualification|
|Any physical deformity believed by the judge to be hereditary||Mandatory disqualification|
|Disease or intractability||Mandatory disqualification|
|Excess fat||Minus 5 points maximum|
|Sores, wounds, or scars||Minus 10 points maximum|
|Dirty show pen||Minus 10 points maximum|
- Type, fur, size, condition, eyes and ears shall be as defined for each species.
- TYPE (25 points) - The build should be long and slender, firm but not thin. The head is set apart from the body on a short neck. The eyes should be set well apart and form an equilateral triangle with the nose. The back legs and tail are noticeably visible.
- FUR (20 points) - The fur should be short and dense with a smooth appearance. The feet are finely haired.
- SIZE (10 points) - Adults should have an approximate length of: 10cm female, 12cm male.
- CONDITION (10 points) - The hamster should be fit, curious when awake and to handle. The flesh should be well toned with no surplus fat. The coat shall have a healthy sheen and be clean.
- EYES AND EARS (5 points) - The eyes should be round and not too prominent. The ears shall be large in proportion to its head and rounded.
- COLOUR (30 points) - Where base colour is indicated this applies to the whole animal, excluding the belly fur.
Copyright© Midland Hamster Club (UK)